Pelvic floor muscles, if affected in any way, can lead to numerous problems in patients. The best treatment to regain the normal functionality of these muscles and organs around the pelvic area is pelvic floor physiotherapy. In this guide, we will take you through the many ways in which physiotherapy can help. Dive in for all details!
The Problems That Can be Treated By Pelvic Floor Physiotherapy
Different problems related to pelvic floor dysfunction include the following:
- Pain in and around the abdomen.
- Inconsistency in urination.
- Postpartum organ prolapse.
An elaborated medical overview makes a descriptive mention of the different problems that men and women face. Some of those issues have been compiled below.
Pelvic Discomfort Effects in Women
- Excessive and frequent urge to urinate.
- Painful intercourse.
- Pain inside the vaginal canal, clitoris, tailbone, and vulva.
Pelvic Discomfort Effects in Men
- Erectile dysfunction
- Post-void residual
- Issues with urination and fecal discharge.
- Uncontrollable urge to urinate
- Pre-prostatectomy and Post-prostatectomy
- Gas and bloating
These are the kinds of issues that people with pelvic floor problems have to face. They might not sound severe, but constantly dealing with these issues gets extremely uncomfortable for the patients. It can also affect mental health if not corrected or addressed.
How Does Pelvic Floor Physiotherapy Help Patients?
The connective tissue around the pelvic region, the muscles, and the nerves, all have to work in tandem in order to ease any discomfort around the pelvic area. And physiotherapy is the best way to restore the normal functioning of all the affected muscles, nerves, and tissues.
Effective programs like Integral Performance Physio pelvic floor therapy are designed to help the patients. Trained and qualified physiotherapists at this Medical Center offer assistance and help.
The different steps involved in the recovery are as follows:
- Experts will talk to the patient at length and take into account any medical history to determine what might be causing the discomfort.
- A physical examination will be carried out that includes the assessment of the abdomen, lumbar area, hips, and pelvic floor muscles.
- The therapist will chalk out a suitable exercising routine for the patient based upon the findings.
To sum up, you will be able to get back to feeling at ease and comfort and enjoy life like you used to with the help of pelvic floor physiotherapy. The only caution is to take the help of trained physiotherapists only.
If you’re in Quebec, you can visit the Integral Performance Physio Clinic to avail the services of some of the best therapists.